Monday 15 January 2018

OwlCrate December Box: Seize the Day!


OwlCrate December Box, What's Inside?!

Initial thoughts upon receiving the box: 
            Ever since I started Bookstagramming and blogging, I've seen OwlCrate on my feed and I've been following them for a while now. I've been wanting to get one, but I could never really afford one cause of the conversion rates and the shipping costs. Fortunately, I recently got a part-time job, and it felt like I had to do something HUGE about getting my first paycheck. So I finally decided to face the music and it felt right to get a subscription box. And well... here I am.

How I decided to get a subscription:
  • Like I said earlier, I've been thinking a lot about getting a subscription box, so I contemplated it for a while.
  • There are a lot of subscription boxes out there that I do not doubt are all amazing so I made a list of different subscription boxes and see which one caters to me more.
  • I did a lot of research and by research, I mean watching a lot of YouTube videos of different unboxings. 
  • I also looked at the prices and how the conversion rates would affect me, I live in Canada and most boxes are either in the US, London, or Australia. International shipping was something I put into consideration as well. 
  • After weighing each of the options and which would cost less, but also be packed with great goodies, I decided to go with Owlcrate.

What's inside the box;
No automatic alt text available.


  • An exclusive magnet by Ink & Wonder Designs that says "If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself" - Rick Riordan.
  • Exclusive wooden ornament by Juniper & Ivy Designs inspired by Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon, with the inscription "Love is everything, everything".
  • A double-sided bookmark by Little Inklings Design which quotes: "If you're going to live you might as well do painful, brave, and beautiful things" - Jenifer Zentner (Serpent King) and "And in that moment, I swear we were infinite" - Stephen Chbosky (The Perks of Being a Wallflower"
  • An exclusive striking blue  tote bag designed by Bookworm Boutique  that says "Don't let the muggles get you down" - Ron Weasley 
  • A bookmark from Kasie West
  • An exclusive candle from Novelly Yours, which smells sooooo good! I've almost finished it and I'm trying not to use it as much because I don't want it to run out just yet.
  • An exclusive planner from (  ). I've been thinking about buying a planner to organize my days even better this year, so I'm glad there was one included already. I love it! It has a weekly planner and a calendar. Each month has a quote, and it even has a place to put your list of books read! 
  • The book of the month is Foolish Hearts by Emma Mills. Here's the summary: Foolish Hearts Summary. I had a very fun time reading it. It was adorable and the book was very funny. I would recommend it.
  • Included with the book was a signed bookplate by Emma Mills, a heart patch that says Foolish Hearts and a pin.
Overall, I really liked my first book subscription box! 
Here's the link to OwlCrate, for you to check out if you want to get one as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment