Monday 23 January 2017

Ten Thousand Skies Above You, Book Review

Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray
Rate: 4/5
Goodreads Summary:

Ever since she used the Firebird, her parents' invention, to cross into alternate dimensions, Marguerite has caught the attention of enemies who will do anything to force her into helping them dominate the multiverse—even hurting the people she loves. She resists until her boyfriend, Paul, is attacked and his consciousness scattered across multiple dimensions. 


Marguerite has no choice but to search for each splinter of Paul’s soul. The hunt sends her racing through a war-torn San Francisco, the criminal underworld of New York City, and a glittering Paris where another Marguerite hides a shocking secret. Each world brings Marguerite one step closer to rescuing Paul. But with each trial she faces, she begins to question the destiny she thought they shared. 


**I tried to write this review with no spoilers, but if you want to check out a more thorough review, go to my goodreads page: A Thousand Skies Above You


Thoughts and Opinions:
Image result for ten thousand skies above you
          After reading the first book, I was excited to read the second book. Right at the beginning, the book was already at the "what" portion of the plot. As the book went on, unfortunately, I got annoyed with Marguerite. She was kind of full of her self with all the 'destiny' talking. I got really annoyed with the whole love triangle as well. The fact that Theo is still pursuing her and her leading him on. I had mixed feelings because obviously it was just adding more complicated drama. At some point I got over it because the "action" part or "adventure" part of the book took over and everything was just better. I also liked how the book was close to being realistic as it can. In the book, the consequences of Marguerite and the rest of the characters' actions are finally catching up to them. It gave the rest of the characters a chance to grow, especially Marguerite and Theo, in my opinion. I fell in love with Paul and honestly am grateful for Claudia Gray for creating a character that I just "aaaawwwwwww" *heart eye emoji*. As for the plot, I really didn't expect much plot twists because, I was naive thinking: Okay, everyone wants to ruin each other .. How bad can it get? Ya well.. now I understand the saying "Be careful what you wish for".. Because it did get bad. Fortunately, it is the kind of bad that makes the book better and I really couldn't handle anymore plot twists. In all the science talks and huge scientific words, I could barely keep up, imagine what my small brain must've felt when a lot of plot twists got thrown into the book too. Although, I am warning you, if you ever read this book, watch out for the ending because it will mess you up. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the second book. I was debating on giving it 3.5/5 while reading the book, but then Claudia redeemed herself in the end and left the book on a good note .. okay not really, but it was able to leave a lasting impression on my mind.

Who would I recommend it to?
          I would recommend this to anyone who likes sci-fi with lots of science talk. If you're in a reading slump, I suggest you read this because it'll help you get over it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment