Saturday 4 March 2017

Like A Memory Book Review

Like A Memory, by Abbi Glines

Rate:3.5/5
Goodreads Summary:
One memory. 

One special summer. 

The one thing Bliss had lost herself in when the fear and sickness were too much, moments never to be damaged by the harsh reality that followed… until now. 

Bliss York didn’t live a normal teenage life. She didn’t go to Friday night football games, walk the halls with her friends every day, go to her prom or even walk to receive her diploma. It had all been taken from her the fall that she was fifteen years old and she was given the diagnosis no one ever wants to hear. 
She had leukemia. 
Seven years after spending a summer with a girl who he knew would always be his first love and the one who got away, Nate Finlay returns to Sea Breeze to help his fiancé open her new boutique clothing store. When the new employee walks in Nate is taken back seven years to the girl he thought he’d love forever. The one who never answered his calls or returned his text. The one who shut him out completely with not even a goodbye and broke his heart. 
They’ve each become someone different. No longer the young teens with stars in their eyes. But does that matter when your heart still says that’s the one.

Thoughts and Opinions:
          I've been waiting for this book ever since I've finished reading the whole Seabreeze and Rosemary Beach series. I loved both of the series and I was so happy when I found out that Abbi Glines was actually going through with it. I read the preview so many times and I decided to preorder it because it was very good, I liked the "teasers". That being said, this is the part where I tell you all about my likes and dislikes about the book.
Image result for like a memory by abbi glines          First off, I feel like all the characters were my kids. It might sound weird, but it's true. Well for me anyways. Reading about small innocent Nate, and how all the adults were talking about how handsome he is going to be and how he is going to be like his father, to him as a man took a bit for me to  fully sink in. Similarly with all the children. I couldn't get over the fact that they were all grown ups, I feel like I'm older than them even though they're actually older in the book. But after all the dust has settled, I was a bit disappointed. As much as I loved Nate, I didn't like who he became. I didn't expect him to turn out that way, I mean, his parents are Rush and Blaire. That should account for something. I feel like there was something missing. I wanted to see more of both Rosemary Beach and not just Seabreeze (even though I thoroughly enjoyed it), I feel like there should've been more. I was also a bit disappointed because I was expecting more of their parents. I wanted Cage and Eva to meet Rush and Blaire. I wanted to see Cage and Bliss have that bonding moments between them, and Blaire being the super intuitive mom and talking some sense into her son. There were so many things I was anticipating to happen, but sadly they did not. 
         As for the plot, it felt rushed, I of course, being biased and hoping for Bliss and Nate wanted to get rid of Octavia ASAP, but I didn't want what happened to happen. Despite everything, Abbi Glines still made me cry. I was very sad and I didn't want to read any further because I didn't think I could do it, but I did. I also think that Nate should've done more grovelling because he was a total jerk and Bliss does deserve better. 
         I am hoping that there will be a second book between the both of them, where Nate (as much as I love him) grows up. I want to see them get married and I want to see Bliss meet everyone in Rosemary Beach. I don't think their story is over, but I am also looking forward for the rest of the kids and their stories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment