Wednesday 8 March 2017

A Thousand Boy Kisses Book Review

A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole

Rate: 3.5/5
Goodreads Summary:
One kiss lasts a moment. But a thousand kisses can last a lifetime.One boy. One girl. A bond that is forged in an instant and cherished for a decade. A bond that neither time nor distance can break. A bond that will last forever. Or so they believe.When seventeen-year-old Rune Kristiansen returns from his native Norway to the sleepy town of Blossom Grove, Georgia, 
where he befriended Poppy Litchfield as a child, he has just one thing on his mind. Why did the girl who was one half of his soul, who promised to wait faithfully for his return, cut him off without a word of explanation?Rune's heart was broken two years ago when Poppy fell silent. When he discovers the truth, he finds that the greatest heartache is yet to come.

Thoughts and Opinions:
"Because nothing so perfect can last an eternity, can it?
Like shooting stars. We see the usual stars above us every single night. Most 
people take them for granted, even forget they are there. But if a person sees 
a shooting star, they remember that moment forever. They 
can even make a wish at its presence."  She took in a deep breath. "It shoots 
by so quickly that people savour the short time they have wit it."

Image result for a thousand boy kisses          Page 794 (eBook version) at 2 am and my heart almost burst. Oh my gosh, this book. I decided to read this book without further knowledge except for the summary and I was so happy I did. The summary did the book no justice. 
          Basically, this book is told through both the MC's POV, Poppy and Rune. They are both childhood friends who met when Rune moved in next door with his family from Norway and their story begins when Poppy's mamaw (grandma) dies. Before she does, she tells Poppy to go on this great adventure, she leaves her a jar, and she tells Poppy to fill it up. It's a jar full of a thousand paper hearts, she tells Poppy she needs to write on every single pieces all the kisses that makes her heart burst. And evidently, that's what happens. Rune and Poppy have been inseparable ever since they were 8 years old, until Rune found out that his family is moving back to Norway. While Rune was away, they talked everyday until Poppy completely cuts him off, no texts, emails, phone calls, etc. Two years later, Rune comes back and he is this very angry person. That is until he finds out the reason why Poppy did what she did, and everything just fell apart. 
          Oh my gosh. So much heartbreak and beauty. Rune, oh, I felt my heart break for him so many times. There was just so much hate and anger, I didn't think it was possible. I felt it, I could feel that hatred when I was reading the book, the way the author made it tangible. I can't imagine holding on to that hate. This book made me want to hug my dad, and it's 2:43 am. Poppy, is such a beautiful character I just wanted to hug her. I want to believe that she exists, somewhere. That a Poppy exists. Even though they are fictional characters, they felt oh so real. I think every time her heart burst, mine broke.  
          I have to admit, the book was unrealistic, but it was very adorable. Rune Kristiansen, despite all that anger and hatred is actually so wonderful. All the things he did for Poppy? *swoon*. But we do have to talk about something here, his anger issues are kinda scary, there were times where I was scared for Poppy. And blaming his dad for no reason? C'mon, I don't think I can ever do that to my dad. Mr. Kristiansen is the most adorable person in this book, I mean, all that he's done even though Rune was being a complete butt. 
          Near the end, I felt like it was too long, I kinda just wanted to get it over with, but the ending did hit me like a truck. This book kinda gave of A Walk To Remember vibes. Nevertheless, it was still a good book with characters that were just .. wow, and a story line that made me cry and laugh. I still think about it and I have been listening to the play list for the book and I am in love (you should check it out).

No comments:

Post a Comment