Wednesday 7 September 2016

Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss Review


About the book: Anna and the french kiss 
Stars: 4/5

Quick Recap: 
Anna Oliphant is not happy when her father sends her to France to live and study in SOAP aka School of American in Paris. She longed to return back home where she had her best friend, Bridge, her brother, Seany and everyone she knows.When she bumps into Etienne, who was hot, cute and has an adorable an accent, that's when her Paris experience started getting juicier. 

Review: 

Anna Oliphant just arrived in Paris in her new boarding school and she's not very excited despite the fact that she's in Paris. On the very first day she cried, prompting her next door neighbour Meredith to invite herself in her room and comfort her. Mer tells Anna about their friend "group" who consists of Rashmi and Josh, who are a couple and St. Claire who she secretly likes but unfortunately he has a girlfriend. She then meets a gorgeous boy who introduced himself as Etienne. He's the type of boy who wouldn't just leave a girls memory but then she realizes that Ettienne is actually St. Claire; one of Mer's friends. Anna continues to tag along with Mer and her friends and soon becomes part of the group as she builds relationships with everyone; especially with Etienne (ya know it *wink*)


It all started when Etienne would help Anna order because she couldn't speak french. One day, the gorgeous Etienne takes Anna out to explore Paris to terminate her longing to go back home. Etienne takes her to Point Zero where she makes a wish, as they were arriving home they find two movie theatres. Etienne learns how Anna admires films and was so trilled to see her so happy. They were both building a connection with each other without even realizing it. They were close to returning when Ellie, Etienne's girlfriend, comes along and takes him away. At least she was acting casual despite seeing his boyfriend with a girl, it was that or be a complete mean girl (she took the high road).


Anna knows to stay back from Etienne because he's taken, but he has also been so kind to her that it makes it hard to stay back in the friend zone lane. She keeps telling her that he is taken because Etienne just keeps treating her special and it's getting harder to resist him each time they are together. They go to a couple of films over the course of several months, but some days, her other friends would tag along. They have been spending a lot of time with each other and they gradually become inseparable.


Her friends talked her into going to a party and that's when she finds Josh and Etienne drunk. Etienne was very angry with his dad. He ended up in Anna's room when Etienne spills out his feeling for her, this made things a lot more confusing. She didn't know if it was the alcohol or if it was true. Anna decides to pretend she never it and acted normal, until Christmas break when they spent time together mainly because they were the only ones left and their connection grew.


Another break and this time, Anna and Etienne were back home (America). Anna was Shocked to learn that Troph, who she had a 'thing' with, was dating her best friend, Bridge! This resulted in Anna pouring out her problems to Etienne through text. They mostly kept in touch the whole time by texting each other whenever they can. Unfortunately, it wasn't a pleasant visit back home for Anna. When they finally return to Paris, things got even more intense between them, until they couldn't take it any longer, one thing led to another until they were making up. Up until  Mer saw them! (oh my gosh, I felt so bad for her.) That's when things got even more frustrating, Etienne had run after Mer (keep in mind Mer also has a crush on Etienne and Anna is one of her friends ... ouch) but Anna finds out he also went to Ellie's that night.


Anna was angry and didn't understand why he was still with Ellie even after their "make-out,", they were pretty distant with each other for a couple of weeks. Anna ruined her relationship with Mer and everyone hates her. Everything was in the wrong place and she didn't have anyone.


She finally goes to Etienne and that's when Etienne was able to explain his feeling for her and that he had broken up with Ellie for her. They instantly forgave each other and it was time for Anna to go to Mer. It took her a while to realize how to open up to others, Anna finally apologized to Mer and they both got along. This also resulted in Anna understanding Bridge and also forgives her.


The biggest thing I learned was that we should let people explain before we assume anything that happened because had Anna let Etienne explain why he was at Ellie's, she would have understood his intentions and saved weeks of loneliness.



Thoughts: 

First, let me just tell you that I love this cover. I couldn't buy and I was too eager to read it so I borrowed it in the library, luckily I was first in line.

Okay, so this book! First, I Love PETER KAVINSKY, I mean, ETIENNE ST. CLAIRE! alright, I don't understand why I love most of the guys in books I read ( well aside from their perfect word choices and their impeccable sense of humour). I just wish I could meet people like them! WHY?! There is so much boyfriend characters I love so much that I might have to make you guys a list. *awkwardly coughs*, anyways, back to my thoughts.

Anna: Alright, so Anna, my first question to her is "Why are you moping when you're in Paris??"  You're in France for crying out loud! There's a supply of croissants available!!  My parents don't even let me get the mail alone so I'm very sorry that I feel a tinge jealousy. Admittedly so, I understand her struggles going into a new school, let alone a new country especially when not knowing anyone (thanks to her dad of course). I admire Anna's personality, she knows when to keep things to herself just to save other people's feelings. 

Cons: Don't get me wrong, I like Anna but to be honest, I was a bit irritated with Anna when she got upset with Etienne when he didn't break up with his girlfriend, Ellie (I mean, not everything revolves around you ya know!). Especially the times where she didn't let Bridge explain the whole Troph situation and when she didn't let Etienne explain why he went to Ellie's house right after they made out. Fortunately, towards the end, I was happy when she got over herself and let Etienne clarify the whole situation.   

Etienne: I love Etienne's french name, Etienne. He's such a sweet character, I think I fell in love with him myself, I mean, who wouldn't. I love how he is so kind to everyone and how sweet he treats Anna. 


Overall I was happy with the ending! I was glad Anna and Etienne made up and grateful that Etienne had his happy ever after as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment