Sunday 28 August 2016

Dealing With School





No automatic alt text available.Schools right around the corner again, and it’s the time where we all get stressed out of homework and different assignments that we’ll probably not even care about in the future. We all have different ways of dealing with school and the time we have to spend. Personally speaking, I am terrible when it comes to time management. However, there are some tips and reminders to myself whenever I feel too overwhelmed about a certain thing.


Get enough sleep and rest
  • I say this because it’s true. Even though this is kind of hard to do, given that we usually sleep around midnight and get only a couple hours of sleep before the day begins, try your best to take a nap right after you get home from school. This helps your brain to relax and do the repairing it needs to do ( I assume that’s what it needs to do but I wouldn’t really know because I barely pay attention in biology!!) When you wake up, you’d feel more refreshed and can focus better on whatever you do.



Don’t think too much about the tasks you’re given

      No automatic alt text available.
    • From up close, you’d think that there are a lot of things you’d need to do and that it’ll overwhelm you, but not really. Admittedly, I do not know what situation you’re in. But give yourself a break. When you think about it ( I know, I know, totally contradicting myself here but just bear with me) you probably won’t even remember any of these things five years from now. It helps when you make a mental note about what you need to do and when they’re due and then saying them out loud. In doing this, it helps bring into perspective all these tasks and you’ll realize that it actually isn’t as hard as it seems. Take breaks every now and then, don’t burden yourself or worry too much about it!

    Challenge yourself
    • If you haven’t been joining any groups or extracurricular activities, you should. Start by joining groups that interest you the most. It’s nice to get out there and experience new things. If someone would’ve told me this sooner, I would’ve done it. I had to learn this the hard way. I’m going into junior year and I’ll be swamped with work (but I’ll still try my best to be active in school) , the thing I wish I did most during my freshman and sophomore years was that I wished I joined more groups. Joining clubs helped me develop a sense of confidence and talking to more people. I’m an introvert so it was hard at first, but I was able to conquer some fears. I still wouldn’t approach people or make small talks, but if I were introduced to people, I’d be comfortable enough to talk and get to know them.


    Meet new people

      Image may contain: ring
    • In most contemporary high school based books, the main character starts out with their typical friends.. Then they go on to meet new people who they usually wouldn’t hang around with, and then they find that they like them better than their old friends. Honestly, this happens to most of us. When it does happen, it’s simply an outcome of you growing as a person. There’s nothing wrong with making new friends, infact it’s pretty great when that happens. It’s good to surround yourself with people who will encourage you to become a better version of yourself. Invest your time into people who will help you widen your understanding and those who bring out the best in you, especially those who recognize the qualities that you have and bring them out in you. You only have 4 years in high school, do the most out of it. Don’t spend your time in one perspective of the world, widen your knowledge. You might surprise yourself and discover things you actually like to do.

    As cliché as it sounds, be yourself



    • There's nothing more I can offer. It's all up to you. You can surround yourself with as many positive people you want, but if you don't change your mindset, you're still at a lost. It starts from the inside and once you figure out who you are, you can do whatever you want because you know yourself and you know what you want and who you want to become. Your friends are only there for you as a reminder. Trust that the choices you make are the right ones. So just be the best version of who you are; be honest and true to yourself. If you find yourself having to put on an act when you're with the people around you, are they really worth your time? Would they help you grow or would they prevent you from maturing? Do you like the 'you' that you become when you're around them?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment